Grand Canyon University is seeking a Budgeting Assistant. This individual will be responsible for maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the purchase orders and expenses charged to GCU for technology related items. Reviews and obtains approval for all purchase orders and invoices and sends to appropriate accounting department for processing. Must adhere to University policies and government regulations regarding payment authorizations and expenditures.
- Monitor all purchase and expense related transactions.
- Prepare spreadsheets for review and reconciliation of data against charged expenses.
- Uses multiple technical applications including word processing, database management, spreadsheets, electronic calendar and e-mail.
- Processes purchase order, invoices and expenses by getting authorized signatures and sending to designated accounting department.
- Reviews monthly budget accounting reports for discrepancies and informs direct manager.
- Works with accounting department to reconcile any needed adjustments to cost centers’ account.
- Support POS department users with menu and configuration updates that are part of the administrative aspects of a POS system; troubleshoots with end users and refers technical issues to appropriate technical resources.
- Ensure POS systems have 24/7 hour technical support from vendor or internal resources.
- High school degree required and minimum of 2 years’ work experience similar to job responsibilities of this role.
- College Degree and no experience required.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends, if needed due to installation or coverage for users.
- Basic skill in written and verbal communications.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks to achieve deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to complete job duties with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Excel spreadsheets a means of managing and documenting tasks.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficient in use of technology devices and ability to learn POS systems.
- Basic skill in mathematics and numeracy literacy.
- Able to work in a highly collaborative team environment as a team player.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.