Blended Learning Assistant - Traditional Campus - College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Job Description: Blended Learning Assistant
Blended Learning Assistants support a blended learning model of instruction and are available to assist students synchronously in a remote capacity. In the blended learning model, students attend face-to-face instruction once per week, with the remaining portion of the weekly deeper learning experience taking place independently and collaboratively with class peers within the learning management system. This position does not provide classroom instruction.
- Takes direction from assigned instructor pertaining to instructions for remote deeper learning activities.
- Answers student questions in real-time related to instructor-assigned remote student activities via video conferencing, forum messaging, or other synchronous method of communication identified by the assigned instructor.
- Posts student participation points in the learning management system and supports other administrative tasks as directed by the assigned instructor.
- Tracks and communicates student issues to the assigned instructor.
- Provides student intervention by contacting unresponsive students.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Must be comfortable clarifying student assignment instructions in a remote, synchronous environment, such as video conferencing, forum messaging, or other synchronous method of communication identified by the assigned instructor. Specific course expertise is preferred.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement, and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Before submitting your application please attach the following to review:
- Your unofficial transcripts for any applicable conferred graduate degrees.
- Any applicable licenses/certifications
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.