Behavioral Health - Instructor
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learner.
Are you looking to shape the nurses of the future? Have you always thought about teaching? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Nurses and Healthcare professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
The GCU College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has an opening for a Full Time ABSN Behavioral Health Instructor to teach online undergraduate courses. As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline.
We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community.
Please note, the home base for this position is located at Henderson, Nevada However, this role can be a hybrid or remote opportunity.
Site address: 2485 Village View Drive, Suite 300, Henderson, Nevada 89074
What we are offering:
- 12-month faculty role teaching undergraduate students
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of Nursing professionals
What you will do:
- Teach online undergraduate courses
- Prepare activities that focus on application of content that are engaging and stimulate classroom discussions
- Develop and provide instruction that incorporates current teaching methodologies, technologies and Behavioral Health trends that reflect advances in the requisite discipline educational instruction
- Foster and encourage an online culture of learning
- Compile, administer and grade examinations, complete exam reviews/analysis, assignments, discussion forums and participation meeting prescribed deadlines
- Assist students outside of the classroom hours and actively mentor students which may include additional sessions for student success
- Assist with curriculum design and development; be a sound advocate for change to programs, curriculum, and teaching methodologies/pedagogies
- Participate actively in college or university committees for advancing the overall educational mission of the university
- Provide leadership and mentorship to adjunct faculty
What you need:
- Master’s degree required (MSN)
- 2 years of direct patient care nursing experience
- An active, current and unencumbered Registered Nurse license in the state of Nevada or a compact state
- Must successfully pass a drug test
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to build positive relationships with students and preceptors
- Evidence of involvement in one’s professional area (e.g. membership in professional organizations, presentations, research, and/or publications
- Participation in and/or support of the university program in all areas including an evident congruence with the philosophy and direction of the institution, and service to the community
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- We also offer full-time employees an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Generous holiday and paid time off package - we aren’t kidding, it’s good!
#behavioral health #Nurse #teach #clinical #faculty #GCU #online