Grand Canyon University is currently seeking an AutoCad Technician. The AutoCAD Technician will be responsible to draft plans, technical drawings and space plans and maintain organization of the electronic CAD drawings, related files and hard copy drawings/files. Will work on multiple projects including but not limited to: construction, space planning and design layout; the project scope will vary in size and complexity.
- Creates accurate CAD drawings from hand sketches, verbal instructions and site visits. i.e., cubicle layouts/redesigns, office furniture designs, remodels, etc.
- Seamlessly integrates and works with the Space Planning Manager and Project manager to produce and alter drawings.
- Organizes and maintains the drafted approved drawing files and project manuals, product literature and office files as well as systematically saving sketches and drawings on the department server while projects are in progress;
- Creates and continually updates project drawings lists.
- Prints various formats of drawing sets for project team.
- Creates preliminary and department approved final space/construction plans e,g, cubicle layouts in AutoCAD.
- Creates move coordination plans on assigned move projects which include detailed schedules and phasing plans, including power and data lines/equipment relocations.
- Visits buildings & project sites to collect data for drawings by taking field notes and measurements; drafts plans for approval by facilities management and end user.
- Confirms compliance with building and life safety codes and with internal security and safety requisites.
- Prepares special studies as needed.
- Works with all departments to implement space planning projects which align with University guidelines, while optimizing space utilization and meet business requirements
- Adheres to University Design Guidelines in space planning and new or renovation of facilities
- Performs other duties of a similar nature as assigned.
- Associates degree in CAD, architectural, space planning or related field and some work experience OR minimum of 2 years’ of AutoCAD and space planning and/or architectural drawing experience.
- Knowledge and familiarity with modular furniture systems, preferably Herman Miller Systems
- Knowledge and familiarity with building systems, codes, ADA requirements
- Must be able to perform drawings in AutoCAD system.
- Requires a working knowledge AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of 2020 Cap and FM systems helpful.
- Knowledge of space planning, cubicle design and office layouts.
- Knowledge of architectural building remodel plans.
- Project planning skills.
- Highly proficient in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Proficient in the use of computers and software applications; ability to utilize database applications to pull reports
- Basic mathematical ability to be able to translate dimensions in blueprint drawings into AutoCAD.
- Basic knowledge of all federal, state, and local codes and ordinances pertinent to facilities planning, design, construction, and maintenance.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to work with sensitive, con?dential information discreetly, ethically, and in accordance with university policies and state policies.
- Demonstrates an ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing, with varied groups and to work effectively with university students, faculty, and staff, as well as with professionals, governmental entities, community groups, and the general public.
- Act collaboratively to solve problems and resolve spontaneous and unique situations with professionalism and service orientation
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.