Audio Visual Technician / Installer
Grand Canyon University is seeking a new Audio Visual Technician / Installer. Under general direction, the AV Technician will provide technical support by way of configuration, updating, and maintenance of various audio and video equipment used in campus operations. Operates as tier 1 troubleshooter for all hardware and software configurations of all audio and visual media control systems and end devices used throughout campus.
- Test integrated systems and performs troubleshooting when required
- Assist the Audio-Visual Engineer and Supervisor with projects and commissioning of systems
- Assist end user with training and system setup for presentation and general use as needed, including large meeting spaces
- Conduct testing, firmware updates, and maintenance on Audio Visual systems and components
- Read and interpret electronic schematics, and single line drawings
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma of equivalent
- 1+ year of experience with AV systems and basic technology troubleshooting
- Coursework or certificate in AV systems or related technology preferred
- MS Office Suite
- Proficient understanding of audio and video signals
- Proficient in basic signal flow troubleshooting
- PC knowledge including communication methods between PC and Devices
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.