Audio Visual Installer / Technician
Grand Canyon University is seeking an Audio Visual Installer / Technician. This position performs daily AV Installations and contributes to completing a variety of low voltage projects such as, cable pulling and terminating, and racking low voltage gear. AV Installer will install backup power systems, mount and hang TV’s, projectors, speakers and other technical related equipment.
- Install TVs, Projectors, Screens, Speakers, Amps, Cameras, Battery backup units, and related hardware for classrooms, offices, and event spaces across campus.
- Pull and terminate cabling related to networking, office moves, display systems, speakers, classroom podiums, and cameras. (excluding fiber)
- Troubleshoot basic audio systems, visual systems, and cabling issues across campus and perform simple repairs as needed.
- Completes work orders, resolves tickets, and performs tasks within a coordinated schedule and in a timely fashion.
- Work with various departments on campus to complete joint tasks and multi-stage projects.
- Support other various actions and activities as directed within the campus technology department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be able to work on ladders and scaffolding.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Must be able to see and distinguish all colors related to cable terminations.
- Must work in tight spaces such as attics and crawl spaces.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.