Athletics Executive Administrative Assistant
Grand Canyon University is seeking an Executive Administrative Assistant to serve in an administrative support role for the Athletics Department.
- Resolves work problems involving administration, staff or students
- Coordinates critical work processes and projects that are department wide; provide administrative management assistance to all department staff; manage complex and frequently changing calendars.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures department head’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to Department Head’s time.
- Prepares complex documents and presentations; may have to integrate data from several department functions to provide overall summary report.
- Researches information as requested to support all reporting requirements asked of Department by senior executives.
- May have to pitch in to support office greeting functions, but not on a regular basis.
- Serves as key liaison to assignments given by Department Head to staff or other departments to ensure tasks/projects are completed on time. Keeps Department Head informed.
- Works with department management to streamline department processes and flow of information; works as liaison with other departments to increase data/information efficiency.
- Assists in budget preparation for department head and troubleshoots variances for budget reconciliation.
- Handles office/department files and ensures all documents are filed to be able to retrieve when requested.
- Manages the requisite calendars, coordinating calendars with university offices, faculty, students, management and external parties to set up meetings and supervise the arrangement of related logistics such as site locations, reservations, travel arrangements, audio-visual equipment, catering, etc.
- Provides daily updates to staff regarding events, updates to schedules, etc.
- Attends meetings to serve as recorder and distributes meeting minutes as requested.
- Proactively maintains an appropriate inventory of necessary office supplies and orders and replenishes supplies as necessary within budget.
- Processes, and follows up as needed, with required paperwork or electronic forms. Assists with navigating the University’s processes for purchasing, human resources issues, accounts payable/receivable, payroll and timekeeping, public safety/parking, etc.
- Assists with planning and organizing special events, conferences, meetings, etc. initiated or hosted by the department including preparation and coordination of plan details, logistical arrangements, timelines and communications based upon the event. This may include arranging vendors, booking conference or meeting space, scheduling speakers or talent, invitations, marketing/promotional materials, oversight of budgets and coordinating/synchronizing efforts with other staff. May assist with use of social media platforms for announcements and promotions.
- Maintains service level agreements (SLAs) on all identified office equipment, and ensures all equipment is operating; oversees the necessity for repairs and upkeep of equipment; assists staff in the proper operation of equipment including fax machines, personal computers and associated software, Scantrons, copiers, OCR/scanning equipment, and any other.
- Receives and reconciles receipts, statements, invoices, expense reports, etc., identifies and resolves discrepancies, and submits for payment or approval; follows up as necessary on payments.
- Responsible for proofreading department materials for accuracy.
- Performs complex word processing tasks such as merging and sorting, integrating test with graphics, spreadsheet and database files, uploading/downloading and creating templates.
- May serve as key submitter of management staff expense records; ensures integrity of data and submission of data is accurate to ensure prompt reimbursement.
- May coordinate hiring of student workers, assigning work to student workers, verifying and approving time for payroll reporting, and providing guidance regarding the University’s processes and procedures.
- Maintains physical and electronic files and may prepare/compile reports which may include highly sensitive information.
- Communicates current administrative policies and processes to staff.
- Participates on team-based projects as assigned.
- Assists with organizing office moves, ensuring logistical plans are well executed on a timely basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in administrative capacity for large department/function.
- An equivalent combination of work experience and education/training may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.