Athletics Creative Content Assistant Coordinator
Grand Canyon University is seeking an Athletics Creative Content Professional to carry out the vision and day-to-day execution of the University’s athletic department social media strategy.
As a member of GCU’s athletic staff, you are responsible for knowing and complying with the applicable constitution, bylaws, laws, policies, rules, regulations, and/or enforcement structures of and governing the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and of the Western Athletic Conference. You are responsible, through education and monitoring, to ensure that all staff, student-athletes and other persons affiliated with the program comply with the constitution, bylaws, laws, policies, rules, regulations, and/or enforcement structures. You are accountable for violations by any coach, staff member, student-athlete or other person under your supervision or control and you have an affirmative obligation to monitor the program for compliance matters and to immediately inform the Office of Athletics Compliance and Sport Supervisor of any suspected violation and fully cooperate in the investigation.
- Use creative design software and/or photography and video to develop visual assets (including graphics, imagery and video) for use on athletics social media platforms.
- Stay organized and works ahead, when possible, by utilizing content planning and scheduling. Manage and execute a content plan by collaborating with communications staff, videographers, designers and photographers.
- Keep University on cutting edge by monitoring and utilizing new and emerging social media platforms and trends.
- With an eye towards growing the athletic department’s national and local profile and telling GCU’s story, implements strategies for follower growth and engagement.
- Utilize appropriate monitoring and tracking platforms to develop reports on social media metrics and performance. Use analytical data to present successes and inform future strategy.
- Work with department staff including coaches, administrators and communications contacts to advise on social media strategy and content planning.
- Bachelor’s degree required, or 2-3 years of relevant experience if progress towards bachelor’s degree is being made.
- May travel with University athletic teams in order to capture necessary content.
- Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Must pass pre-employment background investigations.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.