Athletic Training Instructor, Simulation Coordinator
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning.
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Are you looking to shape the athletic trainers of the future? Have you always thought about transforming the profession and how we deliver clinical experiences? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Athletic Training professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking a Athletic Training Instructor, Simulation Coordinator
The Athletic Training Instructor, Simulation Coordinator is a full-time faculty member who will be innovative and creative in the delivery of athletic training education. This individual will work in collaboration with leaders in the field and work to grow the profession in simulation experiences. Working with a state-of-the-art clinical space, individuals in this position will be challenged daily and grow the University to be a contributor to the profession in the field of education and simulation.
Location: Main Campus, 33rd and Camelback, Phoenix
Onsite position - Mon-Friday
Target Hire Date: July 31
Do you want to work collaboratively across all colleges, and with industry leaders to promote human flourishing? We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community and integrate faith.
What you will do:
- Teaching: Required to maintain the equivalent of a four-course load (16 credit hours) either on-ground or online. Teaches one or more subjects within prescribed curriculum. Prepares and delivers lectures to students. Compiles bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments.
- Scholarly practice: Remains current with new trends and development in his/her field of expertise
- Simulation: Develop clinical simulations using current accreditation and educations standards and milestones. Work with various populations to promote a positive and constructive simulation environment. Train faculty and simulated patients on the experience to promote quality educational experiences. Have critical conversations and debriefings post simulated experiences with all stakeholders to promote continuous quality improvements.
- Collaboration: Provides leadership and mentorship to adjunct faculty. Develops and maintains relationships with professional contacts to support internship programs, project collaborations and student mentoring. Assists college administration in developing internal and external communities that promote the Colleges academic programs/majors. Maintains compliance with all college and University policies and program accreditation/licensure requirements.
What you need:
- Master’s degree required or Doctoral degree preferred in Athletic Training, Kinesiology, Sports Psychology, Healthcare Administration, or related field
- Unencumbered, current national AT certification (BOC) and Licensure in Arizona.
- NPI Number with appropriate health care field designation
- Ability to attain or currently possess Athletic Training Licensure in Arizona
- Experience with High Fidelity Mannequins and simulation environment, creating scenarios, pre and post conference
- Three or more years of teaching and/or relevant athletic training/medical experience, knowledge of CAATE accreditation professional standards
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Free on-site gyms on campus
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000047291