Athletic Trainer - Canyon Health & Wellness Clinic
Grand Canyon University’s Canyon Health & Wellness Clinic is hiring an Athletic Trainer. This position serves GCU students or staff by providing superior rehabilitative care, to educate the GCU community on injury prevention, rehabilitation, wellness and other health related issues; and to maintain the highest standard of care and integrity at the Canyon Health and Wellness Clinic.
Please note: This is a 10 month (Partial year position). The position is eligible for paid sick days only. Start date and end date for 10 months will be specified. It is also eligible to participate in academic calendar breaks.
- Promotes excellent patient care by utilizing appropriate, sound and up-to-date clinical techniques to effectively assess and treat injuries.
- Communicates with Canyon Health and Wellness providers regarding patients’ conditions, treatments and protocols. Develops home exercise programs for patients and request follow up visits to review status of exercise programs in its rehabilitative measures.
- Devises rehabilitation and treatment programs in conjunction with standing orders provided by physician oversight.
- Understands and comply with all CAATE standards relevant to clinical athletic training education.
- Collaborates with the faculty of the CONHCP to help provide educational programming by fulfilling the responsibilities and expectations of a GCU preceptor.
- Conducts injury screening and assessments for students, staff and/or faculty of GCU.
- Assists with day to day operations of the orthopedic clinic (e.g. stocking supplies, cleaning, equipment maintenance, answering phones, etc.)
- Completes all documentation in a timely manner.
- Provides statistical reports by controlling the collection of treatment and clinical data to ensure quality management.
- Provides patients and the GCU community with education in the areas of injury prevention and wellness.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations; and maintaining licensure.
- Collaborates with outside organizations (local and nationally) to gather information that may help with quality improvement studies.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Athletic Training; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an athletic trainer providing rehabilitation services.
- Licensed at an Athletic Trainer in the State of Arizona.
- Certifications: BOC, CPR, AED, First Aid.
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.