Associated Students Program Coordinator
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking an Associate Students Program Coordinator, which will report to the Student Engagement Manager. This position assists with a variety of services and opportunities to enhance students’ knowledge, understanding and skills essential for academic success, personal development, civic engagement and leadership development. Responsibilities include recommending programming, planning/assisting with all logistical arrangements for major and smaller events, advising student leaders, scheduling student leaders, and performing administrative activities.
- Coordinates and plans GCU sponsored events and/or activities as related to Student Engagement. Coordinates logistics, arrangements and details with other on-campus departments ensuring flawless execution of the event or activity.
- Oversee the Operations branch of Associated Students: Internal Affairs, Marketing and Community Engagement.
- Assists Manager with advising, managing, and implementing leadership development for the Associated Students of GCU.
- Leads the promotion of events or programs through the use of social media platforms or other media and communications.
- Maintains and updates relevant social media content on a regular basis, ensuring accuracy of information; composes and distributes other communications regarding current student events and programs.
- In consultation with management staff, assists in developing and implementing a training program for student leadership development.
- Fiscal responsibility for assigned budget and ensures expenses are appropriate, advising Manager of excessive expenses. Follows appropriate GCU protocols for contracts, orders and accounting. Provides input for the annual budgeting process for Student Engagement/ASGCU events and programs.
- Provides input and assists Manager in creating written protocols, procedures and policies.
- Assists manager with recruiting, training and the on-going development of Student Leaders throughout the year.
- Maintains orders and replenishes supplies for student leaders to market events and programs.
- Assists the Director and/or Managers with other campus-wide programs, as needed.
- Assists and advises student leaders as needed or as assigned.
- Monitors and evaluates programmatic effectiveness utilizing a variety of assessment techniques.
- Performs other administrative activities such as tracking budgets/expenses, preparing reports, answering phones, filing, data entry, photocopying, collating materials, etc.
- Works some evening and weekend hours.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of 1-year related work experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience and education may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- Ideally, the candidate would have experience working with and mentoring college students.
- Experience in public relations, marketing, or social media is desired.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.