Associate Dean - Computer Sciences and Technology
Grand Canyon University’s College of Science, Engineering and Technology is currently seeking an Associate Dean of Computer Sciences and Technology. The Associate Dean is responsible for responsible for assisting the office of the Dean in managing both academic and operational aspects for the Computer Sciences and Technology division of the college. The activities and outcomes focus on creating a learning atmosphere and collegiate community in which program objectives are mastered by participating students. In addition, the faculty focus on quality instruction and student success, and operational processes are utilized that support growth and efficiency.
The ideal candidate will have a doctorate degree in Computer Sciences or Technology, university level teaching or administrative experience in engineering, will have worked in field of Computer Sciences or Technology for a minimum of 5 years, and will have a strong understanding of the various engineering disciplines. The successful candidate will have effective leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Assist with supervision, development, performance assessment, and management all full-time faculty, adjunct faculty and staff associated with the Computer Sciences and Technology division of the college
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, staffing, and managing all Computer Sciences and Technology full-time faculty, adjunct faculty, instructional assistants, and staff.
- Assist with addressing and resolving all student issues in the Computer Sciences and Technology division of the college.
- Provide oversight of planning, developing and implementing curriculum and quality instruction for the Computer Sciences and Technology division of the college.
- Responsible for developing and supporting external partnerships and communities with industry leaders that promote and support the Computer Sciences and Technology division, the College, and the University.
- Assist the dean in budget development, fiscal monitoring and other related administrative activities as they relate to the Computer Sciences and Technology division and the college as a whole.
- Responsible for developing and supporting initiatives that support and positively impact programmatic growth and branding for the Computer Sciences and Technology division of the college, while working within the budget.
- Responsible for monitoring the market for any new program development opportunities in the Computer Sciences and Technology division of the college and collaborating with other operational departments to determine the viability of those proposals.
- Assist the dean in defining and policies of the college in accordance to accrediting standards and University vision/mission.
- Assist the dean in supporting the university mission, particularly the focus on Christian worldview, through the supervision, development, and management of the faculty and curriculum.
- Actively participate in college and university activities and initiatives as needed.
- Terminal degree in a field of Computer Sciences, Technology, or a closely related field.
- Three or more years of Full-Time experience in post-secondary education.
- Three or more years of industry related experience.
- Two or more years in a leadership role that involved direct reports
- Interdisciplinary collaborative experience with Computer Science, Information Technology and/or business partners or sectors.
- Awareness of industry trends and changes needed in academic preparation to maintain workforce ready graduates.
- Ability to articulate the Christian perspective as it applies to relevant areas and to assist others in identifying how they might do the same.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
- Doctorate degree in a field of Computer Sciences, Technology, or a closely related field
- Five or more years of Full-Time experience in post-secondary education.
- Five or more years of industry related experience.
- Experience teaching both traditional and non-traditional students and some level of post-secondary leadership or administrative experience.
- Management/leadership level industry experience that included supervision of direct reports.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.