Associate Dean, College of Education
Grand Canyon University has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Dean in our College of Education.
- Are you a forward thinking, collaborative and innovative leader?
- Can you imagine a future for the College of Education in a way that promotes excellence and adaptability to changing conditions?
- Are you passionate about helping to prepare policymakers, administrators and educators to deliver quality education and enrich lives?
- Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit that will help drive the priorities of the College of Education and Grand Canyon University?
If you check all the boxes, find your purpose at our beautiful, vibrant campus located in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona! We’d like to hear from you!
- Maintains current knowledge of all activities occurring in Dean’s Office; may be required to make decisions in the Dean’s absence.
- Maintains programmatic growth and marketing, all while working within the budget.
- Defines and interprets policies of college in accordance to accrediting standards.
- Provides oversight in planning curriculum and instruction.
- Assesses the market for program development
- Participates in establishing qualifications for faculty, staff, and students.
- Ph.D. or Ed.D.
- Minimum of 5 years’ university leadership experience and K-12 experience.
- Current K-12 Teaching and/or Education Administration license(s) preferred.
- Knowledge of professional practices in disciplines that are granted degrees in the college; knowledge of differences between undergraduate and graduate education and training and practicums required in both.
- Strong analytical skills including ability to think synthetically and analytically with the ability to communicate complicated information in a comprehensible manner.
- Strong and effective oral and written communication skills with ability to articulate university’s and school’s mission and strategic goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate integrity and ethical behavior congruent with GCU’s pillars and mission with a commitment to Christian ideals and philosophy.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
College of Education Mission
The College of Education inspires excellence in pedagogy and scholarship; advances reflective, innovative and collaborative teaching practices to maximize student learning and achievement; promotes servant leadership in educational communities; and engages a diverse and global community of learners with purpose and passion.
Click here to learn more! College of Education
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.