Associate Athletic Trainer - Women's Basketball
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking an Associate Athletic Trainer to evaluate physical conditions and treat student athletes in order to maintain maximum physical fitness for participation in athletic competition for Women’s Basketball and/or assigned sport(s).
- Primary responsibilities include prevention, assessment and treatment of athletic-related injuries sustained by student-athletes.
- Educate student-athletes on sports safety protocols.
- Educate student-athletes on injury prevention and rehabilitation initiatives.
- Educate student-athletes on proper hydration.
- Educate and conduct baseline concussion testing for designated athletic teams.
- Direct student-athletes through medical treatment and rehabilitation activities.
- Renders aid to student athletes by providing first aid and physical therapy to promote healing and relieve soreness.
- Provides treatment for and rehabilitation of athletic injuries for student-athletes.
- Coordinate GCU and NCAA Drug Testing Program.
- Prescribes routine and corrective exercises to strengthen muscles.
- Prepares student-athletes for practice and competition.
- Recommends emergency plans for all venues and manage emergency situations in the event of acute injuries.
- Maintains complete medical records filing system for students to utilize in educational process, providing sufficient opportunity for appropriate student review and utilization of commonly used administrative records and forms (i.e. accident reports, treatment records, insurance forms, etc.) in accordance with HIPPA regulations.
- Maintains records with regard to insurance submittal for athletically related injuries.
- Acting as liaison between student-athletes, coaches, administration, parents, medical personnel and other support staff in matters of health and welfare of student-athletes.
- Coordinates medical referrals to outside medical specialists as needed.
- Organizes ATS schedule of training room coverage.
- Coordinating treatment for student-athletes during travel times.
- Recommends special diets to build up health and wellness.
- Coordinates activities with ATEP professors.
- Consults medical physician as required.
- Other administrative duties as assigned by the Director of Sports Medicine.
- Master’s degree in Athletic Training or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in working with athletes in university or high school environment.
- Certified Athletic Trainer by the Board of Certification (BOC) of Athletic Trainers
- Current Arizona Licensure required.
- CPR, AED, First Aid Certified.
- Active NATA, RMATA, AZATA membership.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Knowledgeable of University, NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.