Assistant Manager, Visual Merchandise
Grand Canyon University is seeking an Assistant Visual Merchandise Manager creates an environment which provides a superior sales and customer experience through visual displays. Works closely with Assistant Director to oversee inventory control in the main Lope Shop.
- Assistant with day-to-day operational procedures, which may include maintaining the appearance of sales floor, assisting customers, operating a cash register, processing returns and stocking the floor.
- Maintains the appearance of the sales floor with visual displays, mannequin rotation, changing out of fixtures, rotating stock, and proper signage.
- In charge of moving low merchandise to markdown status and coordinating that information with other departments.
- Partners with the E-commerce Supervisor and Assistant Operations Manager to maintain proper inventory levels at Lope Shop locations.
- Oversees all aspects of the 60’ window display.
- Works with campus groups as needed. i.e.., events for commencements, CAB for special events, and Parent Programs for family weekend.
- Develop a merchandising calendar.
- Responsible for managing back room to ensure area is clean, orderly and maintains appropriate stock levels.
- Liaison with marketing for all signage and digital displays needed.
- Assist in bi-annual physical inventory.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITES: In charge of Lope Shop along with Assistant Operations Manager with supervisory responsibilities for 8-12 student workers.
Knowledges, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with computerized point-of-sales systems.
- Experience with visual displays in a retail setting.
- Professional communications skills with a good command of the English language.
- Ability to cope with changing priorities and deadlines in a professional manner and work effectively while under stress.
- Proactive with outstanding customer service sills and ability to represent Grand Canyon University professionally.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Ability to lead staff in an effective and positive manner
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which includes weekends, holidays, evenings and/or early mornings as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, retail management, merchandising, marketing, or communications preferred.
- 2 years’ minimum experience in retail environment in lead role.
- Or equivalent combination of education, training and relevant work experience from comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities
Grand Canyon University promotes lifelong learning and supports this by providing a Tuition Benefit Program that offers employees the opportunity to complete both an undergraduate and a graduate degree at a significantly reduced rate. Grand Canyon University also offers a similar plan to qualifying dependents. In addition, Grand Canyon University offers an exceptional service-based paid time off (PTO) program starting at 20 days per year. In addition, we also observe 11½ paid holidays throughout the calendar year.