Assistant Director, Nursing Services-College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning. Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Are you looking to shape the nurses of the future? Have you always thought about teaching? Are you prepared to pass on your knowledge to the next generation of Nurses and Healthcare professionals? We may have the opportunity you have been looking for. The GCU College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has an Immediate opening for a Assistant Director, Nursing Services located at our site in Chandler.
As the Assistant Director of Nursing Services (ADNS), you will actively support the DNS in various capacities related to clinical adjunct faculty and student learning experiences. This involves regular visits to clinical sites and healthcare partner nurse educators to ensure the quality and relevance of the student learning experience. Collaborating with course faculty, you will work to align clinical experiences with the overall goals and outcomes of the courses and programs. Acting as the first point of contact for any clinical personnel issues, you will mediate and resolve conflicts between staff at clinical sites and clinical faculty and students. Additionally, playing a mentoring role for new adjunct faculty, guiding them through various aspects of clinical teaching. From coordinating orientation and training to verifying clinical makeup requirements, you will contribute to the effective functioning of the nursing program. Involvement extends to the evaluation process, ensuring timely completion and compilation of evaluations for both faculty and students. In essence, this multifaceted role encompasses the facilitation of a seamless and enriching clinical education environment within the ABSN program.
Site Location: 4100 W. Chandler Blvd., Chandler AZ
Schedule: Monday-Friday days
Target Hire: March 2024
Benefits: Full benefits including tuition package for employee and dependents
What you will do:
- Assist the Director, Nursing Services (DNS) to identify, select, contract with, monitor, and evaluate all clinical adjunct faculty.
- Visit all clinical sites and the healthcare partner nurse educator(s) at least one to two times for 5 -8-week courses and twice during 15 - 16-week semester clinical courses, to support a relevant and comprehensive student learning experience.
- Work in conjunction with course faculty to establish alignment of clinical experiences with course and program outcomes/goals.
- Verify with the person responsible for clinical compliance that faculty and student verification and documentation of clinical compliance requirements, has been completed before designated date.
- Serve as the first point-of-contact for resolution of clinical personnel issues that may arise between staff at the clinical site and clinical faculty and students.
- Coordinate orientation, training, and development guidance for clinical faculty regarding their clinical site and related nursing coursework.
- Act as a faculty mentor to assist new adjunct faculty in clinical related teaching activities including but not limited to: understanding their role as clinical instructors, grading system, use of pre- and post-clinical conferences, handling challenging student situations, student evaluation forms, course management site, electronic charting requirements, etc.
- Verify and work with DNS/faculty/administration and student(s), for clinical makeup requirements. Provide input into the evaluation process of clinical adjunct instructors/preceptors.
- Verify that evaluations for students are completed, and deficiencies rectified.
- Ensure all evaluations for faculty are completed and given to appropriate person to be tallied, report compiled, and given to the Director of the ABSN program
- Ensure all evaluations for clinical agencies are completed and given to the appropriate person to be tallied, report compiled, and given to the Director of the ABSN program.
- May have teaching responsibilities in lab or clinical course.
What you will need:
- MSN degree from an NLN or CCNE-accredited institution.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in clinical nursing practice or an acute care setting.
- Must have active Arizona Nursing License
- Classroom and clinical teaching experience in nursing program within last five years.
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology.
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation.
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Free on-site gyms at all our office locations