Assistant Director / Director of Communications
Grand Canyon University’s Athletics department is currently seeking an Assistant Director / Director of Athletic Communications. This position performs a variety of multimedia tasks for the external promotion and storytelling of GCU’s athletic programs and student-athletes. Please note, the title for this position depends on experience.
- Assist with planning and execution of department-wide and team-specific social media strategies.
- Produce written content, such as game previews and recaps for GCULopes.com.
- Respond to internal and external media requests.
- Use appropriate software to track official in-game statistics of home competitions, as assigned.
- Create and use digital media assets to enhance social media efforts.
- Serve as primary communications contacts for women’s volleyball and softball teams. (sport assignments subject to change)
- Develop working relationship with team’s coaching staff and student-athletes, as assigned.
- Assist in the development of publications, such as media guides and game notes, using layout software.
- Willing to pitch in at other events beyond assigned sports when necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Sports Management or related field is required.
- At least 2 years of previous experience in sports information, sports media relations or sports public relations office is required
- Must be willing to work, when necessary, beyond normal business hours, which often includes evenings, weekends or holidays.
- Must be willing, when necessary, to travel with University sports teams to adequately cover needs during away competition(s).
- Experience with digital platforms, including website management system, SIDEARM, and stat-keeping platforms.
- Strong computer proficiency, including email, Microsoft Office Suite, social media platforms and other software applications.
- Preferred familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and InDesign.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.