Assistant Dean of Behavioral Health - College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Descripción del trabajo
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an Assistant Dean of Behavioral Health for the traditional ground campus in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, which provides a job focused education. The college features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
Responsible for assisting the office of the Dean in managing both academic and operational aspects for the college. This position works directly with faculty, department chairs, and other college leadership in a variety of clinical and non-clinical programs included, but not limited to, undergraduate and graduate disciplines in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, School Counseling, Addictions Counseling, Behavioral Health Science, Mental Health and Wellness, and Psychology. Activities and outcomes focus on creating a learning atmosphere and collegiate community in which program objectives are mastered by participating students, faculty focus is on quality instruction and student success, and operational processes are utilized that support growth and efficiency.
* Responsible for supervision, development, performance assessment, and management of full-time faculty, adjunct faculty and staff associated with the clinical and non-clinical, and undergraduate and graduate programs in counseling and related fields.
* Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, staffing, and managing all clinical and non-clinical full-time faculty, adjunct faculty, instructional assistants, and staff in counseling and related fields.
* Responsible for addressing and resolving all student and faculty issues in the clinical and non-clinical programs in counseling and related fields.
* Provide oversight of planning, developing and implementing curriculum and quality instruction for the clinical and non-clinical programs.
* Develop and support external partnerships and communities with industry leaders that promote and support the college.
* Assist the dean in budget development, fiscal monitoring and other related administrative activities as they relate the college holistically. Other duties as assigned.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Doctoral degree in Professional Counseling, Counseling Education and Supervision, Behavioral Health, or Psychology. Required: Licensure in counseling or psychology.
* Three years of industry related experience.
* Management/leadership level industry experience that included supervision of direct reports preferred.
* Two years of full-time experience in post-secondary education.
* Experience teaching both traditional and non-traditional students and some level of post-secondary leadership or administrative experience preferred.
* Collaborative experience with counseling agencies and related industry partners preferred.
* Knowledge of professional practices in disciplines that are granted degrees in the college; knowledge of differences between undergraduate and graduate education and training and practicums required in both.
* Strong analytical skills including ability to think synthetically and analytically with the ability to communicate complicated information in a comprehensible manner.
* Strong and effective oral and written communication skills with ability to articulate university’s and school’s mission and strategic goals and objectives.
* Demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior congruent with GCU’s pillars and mission with a commitment to Christian ideals and philosophy.
* Ability to develop collaborative and cooperative relationships with committees, colleagues, faculty and administration.
* Ability to supervise staff initiate hiring and retention and effectively coach, counsel, evaluate and recognize staff.
* Ability to lead diverse group of employees and set direction for ongoing growth and academic excellence.
* Effectively manage conflict, resolve personnel programs and enforce policy and ethical principles and protect confidentiality of all employees.
* Possess an ability to imagine a future for the College in a way that promotes excellence and enhances flexibility to adapt to changing conditions.
* Possess an entrepreneurial spirit that will generate and apply resources in ways that help realize the priorities of the College and University.
* Proficiency with MS Office Suite, databases, and routine office software (email, internet, etc.)
* Must pass pre-employment background investigation.
* Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.