Assistant Dean, College of Science, Engineering and Technology: Technology Division
Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona. GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Do you want to lead a new and growing college of technology with a teaching-focused mission that integrates Christian faith and celebrates the entrepreneurial technology mindset?
Grand Canyon University’s College of Technology is seeking an Assistant Dean to lead the Technology team into the next decade. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community and integrate faith, as well as address aspects artificial intelligence and innovative online programs.
Projected Start Date: Summer 2023
Location: Main Campus, 33rd and Camelback Phoenix, AZ
What we are offering:
- The opportunity to work at a thriving diverse campus and online student population
- Projected start date - Summer 2023
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of technology professionals
- Join a leadership team that has created a Christian-based, high-quality academic experience for all socio-economic classes of society that hasn’t raised tuition in 15-years
What you will do:
- Lead faculty and staff in support of the GCU mission.
- Responsible for supervision, development, performance assessment, and management all full-time faculty, adjunct faculty and staff associated with CSET’s Technology division.
- Develop and implement strategies to recruit and retain faculty, staff, and students.
- Responsible for addressing and resolving student issues within the division.
- Collaborate with faculty and provide oversight of planning, developing, and implementing innovative curriculum and quality instruction.
- Assist the Dean and Associate Dean in budget development, fiscal monitoring, and other related administrative activities as they relate to the Technology division and CSET as a whole.
- Assist the Dean and Associate Dean in developing and supporting initiatives that support and positively impact programmatic growth and branding.
- Create and develop innovative programs to reach all learners across their lifespan.
- Actively participate in college and university activities and initiatives as needed.
What you need:
- Doctorate degree in a field of Technology or a closely related field.
- 3 or more years of full-time experience in post-secondary education
- Awareness of industry trends and changes needed in academic preparation to maintain workforce ready graduates
- Ability to articulate the Christian perspective as it applies to relevant areas and to assist others in identifying how they might do the same
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
- Must pass background investigation
- Experience teaching both traditional and non-traditional students and some level of post-secondary leadership or administrative experience.
- Industry related experience; industry network to help student hiring pathways and college partnerships.
- Management/leadership level industry experience that included supervision of direct reports.
Why work at GCU:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Free on-site gyms on campus
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000047895