Assistant Coach, Cheer
Grand Canyon University is looking for an Assistant Coach for Cheer to assist the head coach in the training, mentoring and development of the cheerleaders and mascots, as well as other spirit team members to achieve peak performance as an individual and as a team.
- Collaborate with the Spirit Programs Manager and Head Coach to ensure all aspects of athletic programs comply with University standards and conference and national affiliation rules and regulations. Identifies risk and establishes criteria and plans for correction.
- Work in collaboration with the Spirit Programs Manager and Head Coach with recordkeeping and student-athlete certifications as required by NCAA and University guidelines. Ensure that athletes adhere to safety and compliance regulations.
- Explain and demonstrate the principles, techniques and methods of regulating movement of the human body, kinesiology, biomechanics, etc. to achieve proficiency in the assigned activity or sport.
- Assist with supervision of cheerleading team; discipline and counsel, supervise practices and training; travel with teams to all scheduled camps, games, tournaments, and competitions; assist with athlete recruitment, order required uniforms and market the Spirit Programs.
- Assist in choreographing routines for the GCU Cheerleaders to enhance fan involvement at athletic events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years work experience as a coach for cheerleading or dance team.
- CPR, First Aid and Coaches’ Safety Training certifications required; AED preferred.
- Must work evenings, holidays and weekends and travel overnight as needed.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must have a Valid driver’s license and driving record that meets University requirements.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.