Assistant Baseball Coach
Grand Canyon University is seeking an Assistant Baseball Coach. This position will assist head coach in all aspects of the designated sports program. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Under the Direction of the head coach, provide coaching in both a team and individual setting to improve sport specific skills.
- Participate in the creation of practice plans, assist in game preparation, advise on game strategy, and provide direct coaching and assistance during games.
- Run practice in the absence of the head coach.
- Research and identify the latest trends and techniques in coaching and playing.
- Under the direction of the head coach, research, evaluate, contact and recruit players of high character, scholarship and athletic ability to compete for the designated sport program.
- Market the designated sports program to prospective recruits, community members, and club members both domestically and internationally.
- Travel extensively to evaluate talent and market the GCU designated sports program to potential recruits.
- Assist the head coach with competition scheduling.
- Assist the head coach in the planning, marketing and operation of sports camps.
- Ensures all aspects of the designated sports program complies with University standards and conference and national affiliation rules and regulations. Identifies potential risk and helps in establishing criteria and plans for correction.
- Promotes good sportsmanship behavior and enforces discipline, establishes and oversees penalties for breach of standards by members of the team.
- Participate actively in promotion of GCU athletics and campus events.
- Other duties as assigned by the head coach, athletic director/athletic director designee.
- May perform duties which require irregular hours, out of town and/or overnight travel.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least three years of intercollegiate and/or elite level sport specific coaching and/or playing and training experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of Division 1 sport specific program and NCAA rules.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- CPR, First Aid and Coaches’ Safety Training certifications required
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be able to lawfully accept employment in the U.S.
- Master's Degree
- Experience coaching in NCAA Division I
- AED certification