Assistant Athletic Trainer - Track and Field
Grand Canyon University! One of Arizona’s leading institutions of higher learning. Located in the Valley of Sun in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, GCU is a regionally accredited, private, nondenominational Christian University.
Do you want to be part of an elite Division l program? Is helping student-athletes achieve their highest level of excellence a passion of yours? Then this position is for you!
Grand Canyon University is seeking an Assistant Athletic Trainer for Track and Field.
What you will do:
- Primary responsibilities include prevention, assessment and treatment of athletic-related injuries sustained by student-athletes.
- Prepares student-athletes for practice and competition
- Educate student-athletes on sports safety protocols, injury prevention, rehabilitation initiatives and proper hydration.
- Follows emergency plans for all venues and manage emergency situations in the event of acute injuries; recommends changes to established emergency plans to ensure physical safety.
- Maintains complete medical records filing system for students to utilize in educational process, providing sufficient opportunity for appropriate student review and utilization of commonly used administrative records and forms (i.e. accident reports, treatment records, insurance forms, etc.) in accordance with HIPPA regulations
- Other duties as assigned.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training required; Master’s degree in related field preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in working with athletes in university or high school environment.
- Must have valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check
- Must be able to lawfully accept employment in the US
- Certified Athletic Trainer by the Board of Certification (BOC) of Athletic Trainers
- Current Arizona Licensure required.
- CPR, AED, First Aid Certified
- Active NATA, AZATA membership
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Why work at GCU
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program
- Free on-site gyms on campus
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000047888