Assistant/Associate Athletic Trainer - Men's Basketball
Grand Canyon University is seeking an Assistant/Associate Athletic Trainer - Men's Basketball.
- Additional Sport Assignment Coverage to be considered.
- Primary responsibilities include prevention, assessment and treatment of athletic-related injuries sustained by student-athletes.
- Direct student-athletes through medical treatment and rehabilitation activities.
- Renders aid to student athletes by providing first aid and physical therapy to promote healing and relieve soreness.
- Provides treatment for and rehabilitation of athletic injuries for student-athletes
- Prescribes routine and corrective exercises to strengthen muscles.
- Prepares student-athletes for practice and competition
- Educate student-athletes on sports safety protocols.
- Educate student-athletes on injury prevention and rehabilitation initiatives.
- Educate student-athletes on proper hydration.
- Conduct baseline concussion testing for designated athletic teams.
- Follows emergency plans for all venues and manage emergency situations in the event of acute injuries; recommends changes to established emergency plans to ensure physical safety.
- Coordinate GCU and NCAA Drug Testing Program
- Maintains complete medical records filing system for students to utilize in educational process, providing sufficient opportunity for appropriate student review and utilization of commonly used administrative records and forms (i.e. accident reports, treatment records, insurance forms, etc.) in accordance with HIPPA regulations
- Maintains records with regard to insurance submittal for athletically related injuries
- Acting as liaison between student-athletes, coaches, administration, parents, medical personnel and other support staff in matters of health and welfare of student-athletes
- Coordinates medical referrals to outside medical specialists as needed
- Organizes ATS schedule of training room coverage
- Coordinating treatment for student-athletes during travel times
- Recommends special diets to build up health and wellness.
- Coordinates activities with ATEP professors.
- Consults medical physician as required.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training required; Master’s degree in related field preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in working with athletes in university or high school environment.
- Must have valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check
- Must be able to lawfully accept employment in the US
- Certified Athletic Trainer by the Board of Certification (BOC) of Athletic Trainers
- Current Arizona Licensure to be obtained.
- CPR, AED, First Aid Certified
- Active NATA, AZATA membership