Arena Events Crew Attendant
Grand Canyon University’s Arena Operations department is seeking full-time Arena Event Crew Attendant. Working under supervision, performs a variety of unskilled or semiskilled activities related to setup and tear down of stage platforms, seating, lighting and equipment for campus events and University partner events.
- Works independently, or as part of a team, to complete a variety of work-order assignments or supervisor-assigned tasks.
- Maintains accurate logs or records of the work performed.
- Responsible for setting up and breaking down stage platforms, risers, auxiliary stages, lighting, stage equipment, tables and chairs and/or athletic equipment.
- Move needed equipment from storage area to required event spaces throughout campus utilizing hand carts or small vehicle carrier.
- Pick up materials and supplies from vendors or GCU-maintained warehouse.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of position.
- Work experience which required medium physical labor for 8-hour shift preferred.
- Must have the physical strength and capability to lift, carry and move up to 50 pounds independently as well as push/pull equipment on carts, climb stairs and walk long distances around campus.
- Must be able read stage/set up configuration documents with good spatial recognition.
- Knowledge of safety and security precautions and occupational hazards with a willingness to follow safety guidelines and/or precautions.
- Frequently involves the need to cope with demands and changing priorities and adjust as needed.
- Ability to work efficiently and follow instructions or directions from others.
- Must be able to pass Forklift Operation Class I-V certification within 4 months of hire date (Certification provided from onsite instructor).
- Must be able to treat all with respect and dignity in all interactions
- Must be able to work in conjunction with other departments.
- Must be able to follow routine checklists and schematic floor plans for event setup.
- Strong personal orientation to provide excellent customer service
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal and/or written English language instruction from Leads, Supervisors or Managers.
- Must have the physical ability to perform all tasks.
- Must be willing to work assigned shift. Shifts will vary from day to day, depending on the scheduled events.
- Must be punctual for shift start and maintain reliable attendance.
- Ability to learn and understand how to properly use and handle various commercial cleaning chemicals and solvents and other specialty cleaning tools/equipment.
- Willing to comply with OSHA/safety requirements.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.