Arena Events Crew Attendant
Grand Canyon University’s Arena Operations department is seeking full-time Arena Event Crew Attendant. Working under supervision, performs a variety of unskilled or semiskilled activities related to setup and tear down of stage platforms, seating, lighting and equipment for campus events and University partner events.
- Works independently, or as part of a team, to complete a variety of work-order assignments or supervisor-assigned tasks.
- Maintains accurate logs or records of the work performed.
- Responsible for setting up and breaking down stage platforms, risers, auxiliary stages, lighting, stage equipment, tables and chairs and/or athletic equipment.
- Move needed equipment from storage area to required event spaces throughout campus utilizing hand carts or small vehicle carrier.
- Pick up materials and supplies from vendors or GCU-maintained warehouse.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of position.
- Work experience which required medium physical labor for 8-hour shift preferred.
- Must have the physical strength and capability to lift, carry and move up to 50 pounds independently as well as push/pull equipment on carts, climb stairs and walk long distances around campus.
- Must be able read stage/set up configuration documents with good spatial recognition.
- Knowledge of safety and security precautions and occupational hazards with a willingness to follow safety guidelines and/or precautions.
- Frequently involves the need to cope with demands and changing priorities and adjust as needed.
- Ability to work efficiently and follow instructions or directions from others.
- Must be able to pass Forklift Operation Class I-V certification within 4 months of hire date (Certification provided from onsite instructor).
- Must be able to treat all with respect and dignity in all interactions
- Must be able to work in conjunction with other departments.
- Must be able to follow routine checklists and schematic floor plans for event setup.
- Strong personal orientation to provide excellent customer service
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal and/or written English language instruction from Leads, Supervisors or Managers.
- Must have the physical ability to perform all tasks.
- Must be willing to work assigned shift. Shifts will vary from day to day, depending on the scheduled events.
- Must be punctual for shift start and maintain reliable attendance.
- Ability to learn and understand how to properly use and handle various commercial cleaning chemicals and solvents and other specialty cleaning tools/equipment.
- Willing to comply with OSHA/safety requirements.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.