Arena Control Room Operator
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supports shipping and receiving activities.
- Assists supervisor with coordination of loading dock entry and parking.
- Logs all arena building emergencies and notifies Arena Management and/or Public Safety Department.
- Answers the main Arena Control Room phone line and opens the loading dock gate.
- Monitors all BMS systems (Building Management Systems) including but not limited to: lighting, HVAC and fire alarm under the direction of Director of Operations.
- Check radios in and out to staff daily, as needed.
- May assist with interpreting signals from CCTV communications and alarm activations and initiating appropriate action.
- Will be required to operate a forklift at the arena loading dock, as needed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBLITIES: None
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations regarding safety and security of public facility.
- Cooperative, collaborative and a team player.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills; ability to speak Spanish or other non-English language, is preferred.
- Customer service oriented and demonstrates positive customer service in all interactions.
- Familiar with MS Office Suite, specifically MS Word and MS Outlook.
- Must have the flexibility to work nights, weekends and holidays in order to support the Arena’s event driven schedule.
- Understands and knows all national fire code protocols as it pertains to a building of public assembly.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma, or equivalent is required.
- Previous experience for control room operations which involved emergency dispatch and coordination in facility with high volume events/activities, is preferred.
- Forklift certification is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequently: 25%-60% or 4-5 hrs/shift
- Physical exertion may be required occasionally to climb stairs.
- Occasional lifting and carrying; may lift up to 50 pounds or more on rare occasions.
- Frequently uses hearing and participates in active listening over phones and/or communication devices.
- Work requires visual acuity to monitor control room monitors to view movement/activity throughout facility.