AQR/Assistant Professor - College of Doctoral Studies
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Doctoral Studies, which offers programs tailored towards the interests of our students, including: Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership, Doctor of Business Administration, and Doctor of Philosophy in General Psychology. Specializations are offered that respond to the needs of a global society.
Grand Canyon University’s College of Doctoral Studies is seeking a full time AQR (peer) reviewer/Assistant Professor with quantitative research expertise to support quality dissertation research in the doctoral programs. The ideal candidate will have a proven record of success teaching research courses, and relevant research experience evidenced by teaching, dissertation chair/committee work, Institutional Review Board (IRB) experience, publications, and conference presentations.
This position supports Academic Quality Review (AQR) and Institutional Review Board (IRB) review processes for evaluating overall quality, scientific merit, and ethical integrity of dissertation research conducted at GCU. This position may also provide instruction in doctoral level research and residency courses that incorporates current teaching methodologies, research design, and data analysis approaches. Candidates must demonstrate critical thinking and analytic skills as well as the ability to interact effectively with doctoral learners, faculty, and administration.
Position is located on GCU's Phoenix campus. Out of state candidates will be considered; however, relocation services are not offered. This is a 12 month faculty contract with a target start date of 3/05/18.
Academic Quality Review (peer review) -
- Conduct AQR and IRB reviews of dissertation milestone documents (proposals and manuscripts) to evaluate overall quality, scientific merit, and ethical requirements for dissertation research conducted by GCU doctoral learners in multiple doctoral programs
- Provide research support and protocol guidance through the AQR processes to doctoral learners and dissertation chairs on study alignment, quantitative research methodologies, designs, and analytic approaches.
- Teach one online or on-ground doctoral research or residency courses per quarter within prescribed curriculum including preparation and delivery of lectures.
- Pursue an ongoing research and publication agenda.
- Participate in staff, faculty and College of Doctoral Studies meetings and College/University committee activities.
- Perform other duties as by the Director Office of Dissertations or Dean, College of Doctoral Studies.
- Doctoral Degree from an accredited institution.
- At least 3 years of research-related experience in higher education including teaching, dissertation chair, committee, and/or research methodology work.
- Demonstrated quantitative research expertise in design, statistics, and analysis through teaching,
- Scholarly record of research publications/presentations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Visio and SPSS.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.