Appliance Repair Technician-Part Time
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Housing Appliance Repair Technician. Under general supervision, performs both preventative and corrective maintenance on various appliances such as, microwaves, refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, dryers, garbage disposals, and ovens throughout Campus.
* This position is part time 29 hours per week.
- Provide a high level of customer service to students and/or faculty and staff.
- Navigate within Facilities Work Management System to receive, acknowledge, track inventory, and report progress, accounting, and service levels.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues with various types and brands of appliances.
- Repairing or replacing defective or damaged appliance components with management approval.
- Train co-workers on basic troubleshooting and repairs.
- Remove and Install various appliances.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Some trade school/training is preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in appliance repair work
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background investigation.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.