Animation and Digital Design - Adjunct Faculty - Traditional Campus
Grand Canyon University is Arizona’s premier private Christian university.
Are you an animation professional who embraces creative thinking skills in the field of animation and digital design? Do you want to guide and mentor the next generation of multimedia artists? We may have the teaching opportunity you have been looking for!
Start your instructor career with GCU and join our mission in helping others find their purpose. The College of Arts and Media offers exciting opportunities for adjunct faculty to teach part-time, face-to-face instruction at our Phoenix campus. We offer a program that prepares students to pursue careers in animation and digital design that require technical expertise combined with a creative flair.
Why Work at GCU:
- Education Benefits and Tuition Assistance
- Employee Perks and Discounts
- Gym and Fitness Center
- Canyon Health & Wellness Center
GCU Traditional Campus - Phoenix, AZ:
- Courses are in-person and on-campus for the Fall 2023 semester (09/05/2023 - 12/17/2023)
Degree Program Information:
Our Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Digital Design - Animation degree allows students to use their artistic abilities while learning marketable technical skills.
-- Click here for degree course list and course descriptions --
DDN-160: 2D Motion Design 1
DDN-305: Drawing for Animation
DDN-306: 3D Motion Design 1
DDN-331: 3D Motion Design 2
DDN-366: Advanced Motion Design 1
DDN-371: Motion Technologies
DDN-421: Advanced Motion Design 2
What You Will Do:
- Facilitate classroom lecture and discussions while incorporating innovative teaching strategies
- Engage students in cutting-edge technologies and industry trends
- Assess student performance and mentor classroom success to prepare them for their chosen career path
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelors (or higher) in Animation, Graphic Design, Motion Graphics, Communication Arts, Illustration, 3D Modeling, OR related area in the visual arts
- At least 3 years experience in the industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of animation, principles of design, color theory and composition, and rapid visualization for storyboarding, graphic design and motion graphics, motion graphics trends, basic video editing, basic compositing, color correction, or motion production pipeline
- Portfolio or Website Link:
- Work Project or Design Samples (2D / 3D Modeling, Motion Graphics, Motion-based Presentations, Pitch Ideas, Prototype Designs)
- Experience with software including Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Audition, or Maya, a 3D motion graphics application
If you are looking for a chance to empower and support students to gain design experience while building their portfolio, we want to hear from you!
#gcu #highered #faculty #animation #phoenix #teaching