Alumni Relations Marketing Specialist
Grand Canyon University is seeking a full time Alumni Relations Marketing and Communications Specialist. This position is responsible for coordinating, producing and maintaining communications such as print, social media and others for Alumni Relations and affiliated functions.
- Plans and implements communications campaigns for social media and Web for Alumni news, events and marketing purposes by generating and updating online content, including videos and slideshows, writing posts for social media sites, features and news articles for the Web and writing and distributing broadcast emails to alumni relations and related audiences.
- Recommends and implements strategies to develop, grow or enhance social media channel membership, to boost attendance at events and enhance the reputation of Grand Canyon University and the alumni network.
- Manages content and release of communications on social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and others as needed and provides and posts content for Alumni Relations website, online communities and electronic newsletter sites.
- Writes and works with copywriter to provide content for alumni emails and social media posts and print publications and communications, event recaps, presentations, flyers, brochures, news releases, feature articles, video scripts, etc.
- Ensures Alumni/GCU branding and standards are consistent in all related communications.
- Oversees all direct mail campaigns for the department.
- Works with external news agencies to set up relevant news queries and reviews or generates content from national news agencies’ daily reports.
- Works with University Marketing Department to creates, designs, write and publish the monthly alumni email newsletter.
- Works with University Marketing Department on development of all marketing materials and promotional items
- Works with the University Communications Department on providing content for university publications.
- Develops and distributes surveys for alumni events and feedback.
- Works with university photographers and videographers on documentation of alumni events and stories as needed.
- Maintains, updates the Alumni website.
- Provides monthly and ad hoc reports on data related to website traffic, social media communities, email metrics, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related discipline from a regionally accredited institution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with alumni, students, faculty, staff and campus partners.
- Ability to positively interact with alumni, donors, university leaders, visitors, community leaders, faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to reason logically and analyze and solve organizational and operating problems.
- Ability to operate with a high degree of independence, judgment, consistency, discretion and some decision making authority.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously while managing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with the University’s mission and role.
- Self- starter, self- directed and self -motivated to accomplish objectives.
- A goal-oriented work ethic and integrity.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, database software as well as effective internet search skills.
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation(s).
- Working knowledge of national/regional media-based outlets.
- Knowledgeable and familiarity with social media platforms with demonstrated ability to create content and build/manage content and sites.
- Proficiency in social media and social networking technologies.
- Excellent written communication skills using AP/Chicago style for both print and electronic media, and an ability to create impactful communications.
- Knowledge of writing guidelines for various media and ability to create unique copy for each format (print, online, broadcast).
- Must possess excellent presentation skills.
- Knowledge of design concepts and/or design software (Adobe Photoshop, In-Design, Illustrator) helpful.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.