Alumni Relations Coordinator
Grand Canyon University’s Alumni Relations department is seeking a full time Alumni Relations Coordinator. This position will be responsible for the department’s office operations and will provide a variety of administrative support to department staff.
- Plans and oversees the execution of a variety of special events designed to support the University’s Alumni Relations initiatives, such as Homecoming, Graduation, Alumni Tailgates and Basketball Road Game events, coordinating services with internal departments as needed such as catering, parking, security, seating, promotional materials, etc..
- Maintains hard copy and electronic files, records and logs; inputs data into database(s), ensuring data integrity and accuracy; and maintains databases as needed.
- Keeps track of departmental budget expenditures, and handles requests for payment ensuring accurate coding; ensures receipts, bills, invoices, purchase orders are submitted timely, and tracks payments/receipts.
- Ensures fiscally responsible activities that meet the department’s goals and ensures all on-campus events are adequately staffed which includes soliciting volunteer students, staff and others.
- Manages inventory of department promotional items and provides monthly inventory reports. Oversees shipping of orders to internal and external clients as needed.
- Oversees and assigns work to student workers, and ensures compliance with all GCU policies governing student workers; may have responsibility for approving student workers’ timesheet submittals.
- Answers phones and responds to inquiries and other requests for information in a timely manner; provides receptionist duties greeting all visitors.
- Schedules department events, conferences, and meetings as necessary.
- Plans and organizes the office support operations for the department, ensuring smooth and effective services and operations including submitting and following through on office/facilities maintenance work orders and maintaining an adequate inventory of office supplies.
- Provides administrative services including compiling data, summarizing information and creating reports, creating and modifying documents using word processing software, creating and updating data using spreadsheet software.
- Provides campus tours on request.
- Represents the Alumni Relations department at university events as needed to connect with alumni, collect information, etc. which may occur on weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Assists in tracking participation or membership in programs, benefits, rewards, etc.
- Records and processes scholarship data, enrollment data, survey data, financial/budgets and reports or other data specific to the department.
- Assists with travel arrangements for management and/or staff as needed which may include international travel or may span multiple cities; follows up with travel agents as necessary.
- Stays abreast of current trends and GCU policies and procedures.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university is highly preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- 2 years’ experience in an administrative or office capacity which includes experience using computers and office software.
- Possess a high level of proficiency with MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and software databases.
- Customer oriented, a professional demeanor, and ability to work harmoniously in a team environment with the ability to get along with diverse populations.
- Good command of the English language including spelling, grammar, language usage for accurate proofreading.
- Ability to effectively coordinate projects and to work on multiple competing projects while meeting deadlines.
- Event planning and fund raising experience is a plus.
- Ability to cope with changing priorities.
- Sound judgment and problem solving skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Good mathematical ability in order to create spreadsheet formulas.
- Good communications skills and an understanding of the communication needs of diverse populations and cultures.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
For more information on Grand Canyon University, visit us gcu.edu
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.