Administrative Support - Public Safety
Grand Canyon University is seeking a full time Public Safety Administrative Support . The Administrative Support assists in accomplishing the duties and responsibilities of the department by performing a variety of administrative and office support functions, creates and maintains specialized reports, records and files required in connection with department work processes, handles special projects and assists with data entry, maintenance and operation of any and all software applications/databases.
- Handle confidential and sensitive information/documents with discretion exercised in releasing such information.
- Prepare and update various forms, charts, materials, and informational handouts using desktop publishing or other applicable computer programs.
- Prepare staff reports, monthly statistical reports, and other documents for distribution to department staff and or other departments.
- Research and prepare required reports and ensure approval by following protocol of approval before submission.
- Maintain requisite department schedules and may assist with management personnel travel accommodations.
- Serve at time as front line customer service greeter to department or serve as primary telephone responder to general call-ins to department; handle information needs and if subject matter is filing a complaint, gather agreed upon information and inform person of next steps in process.
- Ensure all records filing is done according to established protocol and in concert with regulatory guidelines for retention of files.
- Assist with recruitment process to ensure all new department personnel have access to all required systems, office, campus, equipment, uniforms on start date.
- Prepare purchase orders when applicable.
- Receive and process all receipts, purchase requests and invoices through COUPA; verify accuracy.
- Verify department invoices for accuracy, code invoices with appropriate accounting number and obtain management approval before submission.
- Ad hoc projects which may involve data analysis, research and documentation.
- Maintain event calendar which serves as central resource for events coverage by full time or part time public safety personnel.
- Assist with maintenance and data entry of access badges; coordinate all access and restricted access through parking coordinator to ensure accuracy of employee badge access.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of two year of experience in a position which requires performance of tasks similar to the major duties and responsibilities of the role, preferably in higher education and/or public safety environment.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in person and in writing
- Strong computer skills, operating word processing, software and spreadsheets.
- Examine data to identify issues, draw conclusions and resolve routine customer or administrative process problems.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record and must be insurable.
- Must successfully pass background checks.
- Must successfully pass a drug test.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.