Administrative Assistant - Diversity Department
The Diversity and Inclusion Department is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide a variety of administrative duties to support the Director of Students and other departmental staff. Provides receptionist duties and coordinates office functions including ordering and maintaining office supplies and equipment.
- Plan and organize the office support operations for the department, ensuring smooth and effective services and operations. Answer phones and respond to inquiries and other requests for information in a timely manner; provides receptionist duties greeting all visitors.
- Provide administrative services to the Director including researching and compiling data, summarizing information and creating reports, creating and modifying documents using word processing software, creating and updating data using Excel functions.
- Maintain the Director’s calendar, scheduling events, conferences, meetings as necessary including managing complex and frequently changing department calendars.
- Assist in planning and arranging meetings, including organizing the meetings, attendees and scheduling facilities. This may include booking conference or meeting space, scheduling speakers or talent, invitations, marketing/promotional materials and logistical arrangements. Assist with travel arrangements for Director and/or staff as needed which may include international travel; follows up with travel agents as necessary.
- Track departmental budget expenditures, handle requests for payment ensuring accurate coding, as well as troubleshooting variances for budget reconciliation. Maintain and order office supplies; may maintain SLAs for office equipment. Receive and reconcile receipts, statements, invoices, expense reports etc., identify and resolve discrepancies, and submits for payment or approval in a timely manner.
- High school diploma, or equivalent, is required.
- An associate degree from an accredited college/university is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an administrative or office capacity which includes prior experience using computers and office software.
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.