Adjunct - Social Work: Diversity, Advocacy, and Social Justice in Social Work - Traditional Campus - College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an adjunct faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, which provides a job focused education. The college features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance, and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Needs to be available either Wednesdays and Fridays 9am-10:45am or Wednesdays and Fridays 5pm-6:45pm.
- Minimum: Masters in Social Work from a CSWE-accredited program AND three years post-master’s social work practice experience.
- Preferred: Doctorate in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Behavioral Health, Human Services, or Educational Psychology AND Masters in Social Work from a CSWE-accredited program AND two years post-master’s social work practice experience.
Before submitting your application please attach the following to review:
- Your unofficial transcripts for any applicable conferred graduate degrees.
- Any applicable licenses/certifications