Adjunct - Social Work Capstone - Cohort Traditional Campus - College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a cohort adjunct faculty member for the College of Humanities and Social Sciences. The college, which provides a job focused education, features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
This is the final course in the Master of Social Work and Master of Social Work Advanced Standing programs. It requires students to integrate their learning from past courses and apply their knowledge and skills in a final project. Knowledge demonstrated includes assessment, application of theory, practice skills, ethics, and cultural sensitivity.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Minimum: Masters in Social Work from a CSWE-accredited program AND currently licensed as Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) AND five years post-master’s social work practice experience AND experience with social work research.
- Preferred: Doctorate in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Behavioral Health, Human Services, Educational Psychology, or other related field AND Masters in Social Work from a CSWE-accredited program AND currently licensed as Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) AND two years post-master’s social work practice experience AND experience with social work research.
Before submitting your application please attach the following to review:
- Your unofficial transcripts for any applicable conferred graduate degrees.
- Any applicable licenses/certifications