Adjunct - SEC-517: Assessment and Evaluation for STEM Teachers - Online - College of Education
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an online adjunct faculty member for the online division in the College of Education. Whether students are looking to start or advance their career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas including early childhood education, elementary education, and secondary education degrees, TESOL and special education .
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction in an online format, incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction, we’d like to hear from you.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Preferred: Doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction or Doctorate in Instructional Leadership or Doctorate in Secondary Education or Doctorate in Learning and Teaching or Doctorate in Teaching Innovation or Doctorate in Literacy or Doctorate in Reading or related field AND valid state teacher certification.
- Minimum: Masters in Education or Masters in Secondary Education or Masters in Curriculum in Instruction or Masters in Literacy or Masters in Reading or related field AND valid state teacher certification in elementary education AND exceptional expertise to include a minimum of two items from the following criteria: 1. Is enrolled in a terminal/doctoral degree program with a minimum of 18 credits successfully completed. 2. Has minimum of 4 years experience as a board member on two or more boards related to content areas. 3. Has been recognized with two or more awards for their expertise in content area. 4. Has over 3 publications in peer reviewed journals within the last 7 years. 5. Holds a minimum of 4 years experience in leadership position within their respective professional association. 6. Have a minimum of 10 years of work experience in the field for which they would be assigned a course. 7. Hold certifications in their respective content area above and beyond degree credentials. 8. Holds or has held a position as a director or higher in the work setting for a minimum of 8 years in the area related to the course.
Before submitting your application please attach the following to review:
- Your unofficial transcripts for any applicable conferred graduate degrees.
- Any applicable licenses/certifications
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.