Adjunct - School Counseling Practicum- Online - College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an online adjunct faculty member for the online division in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, which provides a job focused education. The college features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction in an online format, incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction, we’d like to hear from you.
This course is a supervised field experience that takes place in either an elementary, middle, or high school setting. During this experience, learners begin by observing day-to-day counseling routines and have the ability to apply listening skills, helping theories, and techniques. The practicum is performed under the supervision of a faculty member and a clinical site supervisor approved by the college or university. Documentation of 100 hours (40 of the 100 hours must be direct service) of school counseling related activities is submitted directly to the College of Education’s Office of Clinical Field Experience for verification and tracking. State licensure requirements may mandate additional hours. Counseling interns must review and adhere to their state board's additional requirements.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Doctoral degree in Counselor Education, preferably from a CACREP-accredited program OR have related doctoral degrees (Clinical or Counseling Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, Behavioral Health, Mental Health)
- Have been employed as full-time faculty members in a counselor education program for a minimum of one full academic year before July 1, 2013
- Maintain a current School Counseling Certification or Licensure
- Maintain an active membership in a recognize counseling association and show evidence of counseling advocacy and/or research or scholarly experience and/or two years of school counseling experience and/or experience in Counselor Education
Before submitting your application please attach the following to review:
- Your unofficial transcripts for any applicable conferred graduate degrees.
- Any applicable licenses/certifications
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.