Adjunct - Professional Writing - Traditional Campus - College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an adjunct faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, which provides a job focused education. The college features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
Traditional Campus courses are daytime classes designed for traditional students and adjunct faculty provide face-to-face instruction on the GCU Main Campus located in Phoenix, Arizona.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance, and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Teach Professional Writing in varying class sizes
Provide direction to instructional assistants including norming and training in writing instruction
- Minimum: Masters in English or Masters in Writing or Masters in Professional Writing or Masters in Rhetoric or Masters in Linguistics with coursework in Technical Writing.
- Preferred: PhD Composition or PhD Writing or PhD Professional Writing or PhD Rhetoric or PhD Linguistics; with coursework in Technical Writing.
- Exceptional Experience: Masters in any field plus 18 graduate credits in the content area of the course they are teaching; or a minimum of two years of professional employment as a Technical Writer; or a minimum of two years of teaching technical writing at the collegiate level; or a technical writing portfolio of published pieces.
Before submitting your application please attach the following to review:
- Your unofficial transcripts for any applicable conferred graduate degrees.
- Any applicable licenses/certifications
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
#ENG #English #Writing