Adjunct Nursing Faculty - Psychiatric/Mental Health Clinical - College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
What will you create today? At Grand Canyon University our faculty creates tomorrow’s educators, nurses, business leaders, musicians and much more through their dedication to our students. The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions provides indirect and direct support in the development and provision of instruction and student evaluation incorporating current teaching methodologies, technologies, and other trends that reflect advances in specific areas of the discipline associated with the individual’s teaching assignment.
Grand Canyon University has an opening for Adjunct Clinical Nursing faculty members, and we invite applications from individuals who are enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge with our Nursing students.
This adjunct (part-time) position requires travel within the greater Salt Lake City, Utah area to directly observe student performance, when scheduled for clinical rotations.
What we are offering:
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of Nursing professionals
What you will do:
- Reinforce didactic content, teaching the knowledge and skills needed for pre-licensure nursing
- Collaborate with content area faculty to provide expert evaluation and documentation of student progress toward clinical objectives
- Participate in grading written and clinical performance check-offs
- Remain current with new trends and development in the specific field of nursing practice
- Maintain compliance with requirements for program accreditation
- Uphold the tenets of nursing as a holistic profession as well as the pillars of the University
- Travel to GCU student sites, directly observing student performance
- Participate in and/or support of the university program in all areas including an evident congruence with the philosophy and direction of the institution, and service to the community
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
What you need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) required for clinicals
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in psychiatric/mental health nursing with a BSN
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in psychiatric/mental health nursing with a MSN
- An active, current, and unencumbered Registered Nurse license in the state of Utah or compact state
- Must successfully pass a drug test and competency testing
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to build positive relationships with students
#highered #faculty #teach #GCU #mentalhealth #psych #nursing #educator #BSN #MSN