Adjunct Nursing Faculty - Obstetrics Lab - College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
Grand Canyon University has an opening for Adjunct Lab Nursing faculty members, and we invite applications from individuals who are enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge with our Nursing students.
This adjunct (part-time) position requires travel within the Salt Lake City, Utah area to directly observe student performance, when scheduled for labs.
What we are offering:
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of Nursing professionals
What you will do:
- Reinforce didactic content, teaching the knowledge and skills needed for pre-licensure nursing
- Collaborate with content area faculty to provide expert evaluation and documentation of student progress toward clinical objectives
- Remain current with new trends and development in the specific field of nursing practice
- Maintain compliance with requirements for program accreditation
- Uphold the tenets of nursing as a holistic profession as well as the pillars of the University
- Travel to GCU student sites, directly observing student performance
- Participate in and/or support of the university program in all areas including an evident congruence with the philosophy and direction of the institution, and service to the community.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
What you need:
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) required for labs
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in obstetrics nursing
- An active, current, and unencumbered Registered Nurse license in the state of Utah or compact state
- Must successfully pass a drug test and competency testing
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to build positive relationships with students
#highered #faculty #teach #GCU #OB # Obstetrics #nursing #educator #MSN