Adjunct - MHW-630 Documentation, Research, & Information Literacy in Mental Health & Wellness - Online - College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an online adjunct faculty member for the online division in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, which provides a job focused education. The college features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction in an online format, incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction, we’d like to hear from you.
This course provides a comprehensive overview of mental health and wellness practice in a community healthcare setting. The importance of documentation, including the maintenance, accuracy, and integrity of health care records, as well as the ethics and policies concerning documentation is covered. The basics of research in the mental health and wellness field, such as data collection, interpretation, and the ethical implications of research, are covered. Information literacy is also covered, to provide a basic framework of common terminology and communication in the integration of mental health and medicine.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Minimum: Masters in Mental and/or Behavioral Health field AND a minimum of 3 years of experience working in the community mental and/or behavioral health field. Associate or Independent level license in Counseling or Psychology AND a minimum of 1 year of community mental health clinical experience.
- Preferred: Doctorate in Mental and/or Behavioral Health field AND a minimum of 1 year of experience working in the community mental and/or behavioral health field.
Before submitting your application please attach the following to review:
- Your unofficial transcripts for any applicable conferred graduate degrees.
- Any applicable licenses/certifications
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.