Adjunct - Lighting for Contemporary Worship I - Traditional Campus - College of Fine Arts and Production
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran’s Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution. Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an adjunct faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Fine Arts and Production, which offers programs in theatre, dance education , music education, digital design with specialization in animation and web design, and digital film with specializations in production or screenwriting.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
Course Description: WSA-231 & WSA-232 - Lighting for Contemporary Worship I:
- Ground Adjuncts needed for Fall 2018 Semester.
- Must be available during the day (Monday - Friday).
- Class days & times to be determined.
- This course introduces the concepts of conventional theatrical stage lighting for the worship experience. Students create light designs for a variety of worship settings and gain practical experience through hands-on work with campus ministry activities.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Minimum: Bachelors in Technical Theatre with 5 years professional experience. Preferred: MFA/MA/Masters or other terminal degree in Lighting Design or Technical Theatre.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU’s Christian worldview has shaped the university’s mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For more information on Grand Canyon University please visit us at www.gcu.edu.