Adjunct - Life Coaching - Online - College of Humanities and Social Science
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an online adjunct faculty member for the online division in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, which provides a job focused education. The college features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction in an online format, incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction, we’d like to hear from you.
This course covers the differences and similarities between coaching and other social services fields, such as counseling, psychology, or social work. Students learn the principle theories influencing the field of coaching as well as fundamental coaching skill.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Preferred: Doctorate in Counseling or Doctorate in Mental Health or Doctorate in Behavioral Health or Doctorate in Clinical Psychology or Doctorate in Counseling Psychology AND 1 year of Life Coaching experience.
- Minimum: Masters in Counseling or Masters in Mental Health or Masters in Behavioral Health or Masters in Clinical Psychology or Masters in Counseling Psychology AND Life Coaching Certificate or 18 graduate credits in Life Coaching AND 2 or more years Life Coaching experience.
Before submitting your application please attach the following to review:
- Your unofficial transcripts for any applicable conferred graduate degrees.
- Any applicable licenses/certifications
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.