Adjunct - Introduction to Honors Education and Academic Literacies - Traditional Campus - College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an adjunct faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, which provides a job focused education. The college features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
This introductory honors course explores how knowledge-including scientific, medical, mathematical, and cosmological-depend on understandings of the humanities-including history, philosophy, religion, law, and language. Quantitative and qualitative assignments complement readings from the history of science and science fiction, focusing on how paradigms and worldviews frame our understandings of data, how science and society influence each other, and how data-based arguments can be communicated effectively to broad audiences.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Minimum: Masters in a Liberal Arts discipline with an emphasis in the Great Books tradition of Western Civilization (such as History, English or Philosophy).
- Preferred: PhD in a Liberal Arts discipline with an emphasis in the Great Books tradition of Western Civilization (such as History, English or Philosophy).
Before submitting your application please attach the following to review:
- Your unofficial transcripts for any applicable conferred graduate degrees.
- Any applicable licenses/certifications
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.