Adjunct - In-Person - F.E. Warren Air Force Base
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
The College of Humanities and Social Sciences employs faculty and faculty leaders who are passionate about engaging and mentoring students. Our faculty are energetic advisors who are committed to helping our students grow academically, spiritually, and personally. They are experts in their respective fields, in addition to being passionate educators and collaborators who help enhance the college experience for all students.
Incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
This position will be on the F.E Warren Air Force Base in Cheyenne, WY. Must be willing to travel on base for in-person classes once a week between 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM.
What you need:
ENG-105 - English Composition I
ENG-106 - English Composition II
- Minimum: Masters in Composition or Masters in Writing or Masters in Professional Writing or Masters in Rhetoric or Masters in Linguistics. Preferred: PhD Composition or PhD Writing or PhD Professional Writing or PhD Rhetoric or PhD Linguistics. Exceptions may be granted to individuals with a Masters in any field possessing 18 graduate credits in English and substantial work experience.
PHI-105 - 21st Century Skills: Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Minimum: Masters in Philosophy or Masters in Psychology or Masters in Rhetoric or Masters in Education or Masters in Communications or Masters in any field possessing either: 9 graduate credits Philosophy or substantial work experience. Preference will be given to individuals with Doctorates.
What will you do:
- Provide program instruction, incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline.
- Maintain compliance with requirements for program accreditation.
- Participate in and/or support of the university program in all areas including an evident congruence with the philosophy and direction of the institution, and service to the community.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.