Adjunct Health Care Faculty - Quality in Health Care/Administration - Main Campus - College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
What will you create today? At Grand Canyon University our faculty creates tomorrow’s educators, nurses, business leaders, musicians and much more through their dedication to our students. The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions provides indirect and direct support in the development and provision of instruction and student evaluation incorporating current teaching methodologies, technologies, and other trends that reflect advances in specific areas of the discipline associated with the individual’s teaching assignment.
Grand Canyon University has an opening for Adjunct Health Care faculty members on the Main Campus, and we invite applications from individuals who are enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge with our Nursing students.
This adjunct (part-time) position requires travel to the Main Campus, 2 days a week for various health care courses.
Courses are 15 weeks in length, with each class being 1 hour and 45 minutes.
Only those in Phoenix and the surrounding areas will be considered. ?
We are building a pool of adjuncts with day-time availability for the Fall semester. Fall semester dates are 9/5/23-12/17/23.
What we are offering:
- The opportunity to contribute to the development of the next generation of Health Care professionals
What you will do:
- Provide program instruction, incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline
- Maintain compliance with requirements for program accreditation
- Uphold the tenets of nursing as a holistic profession as well as the pillars of the University
- Travel to GCU Main Campus, 2 days a week
- Participate in and/or support of the university program in all areas including an evident congruence with the philosophy and direction of the institution, and service to the community
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
What you need:
- Master's in Health Policy (MHP), Public Administration (MPA), Health Care Administration (MHCA), Health Administration (MHA), Public Health (MPH) Business Administration (MBA with healthcare experience), or Nursing (MSN).
- 5 years' experience in direct patient care or health care management or health care administration in a hospital or acute care or managed care or ambulatory care physician group or long-term care setting.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to build positive relationships with students.
- Proficient in English, Grammar, and writing in APA format.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Successfully pass a drug screen.
- Please attach unofficial transcript reflecting conferred/awarded date.
- Only those in Phoenix and the surrounding areas will be considered.
- Must be willing to drive to the Main Campus, 2 days a week, from 9/5/23-12/17/23.
#highered #faculty #teach #GCU #healthcare #publichealth #educator #MHP #MPH #MBA