Adjunct Faculty - Operating Systems Fundamentals- Online - College of Science, Engineering and Technology
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an online adjunct faculty member for the online division in the College of Science, Engineering and Technology . Through hands-on, inquiry-based learning, the college provides an outlet for innovation and cross-disciplinary exposure. It also features pre-professional degrees in biology, alongside our degrees in information systems, and a forensic science and exercise science program.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction in an online format, incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction, we’d like to hear from you.
Work Perks at GCU:
Education Benefits and Tuition Assistance
Employee Perks and Discounts
CST-321: Operating Systems Fundamentals
This course is an introduction to UNIX-derived open-source operating systems. Students explore the history and development trends in open-source OS. The course covers the file system, user commands and utilities, graphical user interfaces, editors, manual pages, and shells.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Masters in Computer Science or Software Engineering or Computer Programming or Software Development or Software Engineering or Masters in Business Administration (MBA) or Masters in Information Systems or related field
- AND 2 or more years experience in Computer Programming with C AND Linux Operating System.
- OR- Bachelor in Computer Science or Software Engineering or Computer Programming or Software Development or Software Engineering or Bachelors in Business Administration or Bachelor in Information Systems or related field
- AND 5 or more years experience in Computer Programming with C
- OR- Bachelors in any field AND 10+ years of industry or instructional experience in C and Linux operating system concepts.
Before submitting your application please attach the following to review:
- Your unofficial transcripts for any applicable conferred degrees.
- Any applicable licenses/certifications
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: R000043282