Adjunct Faculty - Healthcare Informatics/RHIA or RHIT - Main Campus - College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an adjunct faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions, which boasts a rich 30-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs. Students can earn their RN to BSN, or a master’s in nursing degree specializing in advanced patient care or in the emerging fields of health care administration, management, or public health.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
Immediate part-time, instructors (In Person, on the Main Campus) needed for 15 week Healthcare Informatics courses from 9/6/22-12/18/22.
Only those in Phoenix and the surrounding areas will be considered. Must be willing to be on the Main Campus. We are creating a pool of adjunct instructors.
Various Healthcare Informatics Courses: This course surveys the field of health information management. Students investigate potential career paths and learn the fundamental medical, legal, ethical, and professional issues and standards affecting the field. The course also includes an overview of the health care industry, hospital operations, and electronic health records and documentation standards and practices.
- RHIA or RHIT certificate REQUIRED. Please make it clear on your resume that you have a RHIA or RHIT certificate.
- Required: Masters in Health Information Management/Health Care Informatics/Clinical Data Analytics/Healthcare Administration.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience.
- Please attach unofficial transcript reflecting conferred/awarded date.
- Proficient in English, Grammar, and writing in APA format.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Successfully pass a drug screen.
- Only those in Phoenix and the surrounding areas will be considered. Must be willing to be on the Main Campus, for Fall 15 week Healthcare Informatics courses from 9/6/22-12/18/22. We are creating a pool of adjunct instructors.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.