Adjunct Faculty - Healthcare Informatics/Clinical Data - Main Campus - College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an adjunct faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions, which boasts a rich 30-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs. Students can earn their RN to BSN, or a master’s in nursing degree specializing in advanced patient care or in the emerging fields of health care administration, management, or public health.
As an adjunct faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
Immediate part-time, instructors (In Person, on the Main Campus) needed for Healthcare Informatics/Information/Clinical Data courses.
Only those in Phoenix and the surrounding areas will be considered. Must be willing to be on the Main Campus, for Fall, 2 days a week, for a class that is 1 hour and 45 minutes in length. We have multiple sections running. These classes start times range from 9 AM to 5 PM, but the class itself is just 1 hour and 45 minutes in length. Classes typically run Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Class runs for 15 weeks, for Fall, on the Main Campus, as the student demand and staffing need arises.
Various Healthcare Informatics Courses: This course surveys the field of health information management. Students investigate potential career paths and learn the fundamental medical, legal, ethical, and professional issues and standards affecting the field. The course also includes an overview of the health care industry, hospital operations, and electronic health records and documentation standards and practices
- Required: Masters in Health Information Management/Health Care Informatics/Clinical Data Analytics/Healthcare Administration.
- RHIA or RHIT certificate REQUIRED. Please make it clear on your resume that you have a RHIA or RHIT certificate.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience.
- Please attach unofficial transcript reflecting conferred/awarded date.
- Proficient in English, Grammar, and writing in APA format.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Successfully pass a drug screen.
- Only those in Phoenix and the surrounding areas will be considered. Must be willing to be on the Main Campus, for Fall, 2 days a week, for a class that is 1 hour and 45 minutes in length. We have multiple sections running. These classes start times range from 9 AM to 5 PM, but the class itself is just 1 hour and 45 minutes in length. Classes typically run Tuesdays and Thursdays. as the student demand and staffing need arises. This class is 15 weeks in length.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you’re looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner’s site at jobs.gce.com for more information.