Adjunct Faculty - FNP/ACNP Clinical Simulation - Main Campus - College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as an adjunct clinician for the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions, which boasts a rich 30-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs. Students can earn their RN to BSN, or a master’s in nursing degree specializing in advanced patient care or in the emerging fields of health care administration, management, or public health.
As an adjunct clinician, you’ll demonstrate innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about exceptional quality instruction, we’d like to hear from you.
Immediate part-time, Main GCU campus health care professionals needed for FNP/ACNP Clinical Simulation.
This position is in need of APRNs, DOs, PAs, MDs. Must be Board Certified. Only AZ candidates will be considered, as this position is in-person, on the GCU Campus. Availability is needed for occasional Mondays or Thursdays, 7AM-5 PM. Not every Monday or Thursday is needed. Flexible scheduling available. We will give you plenty of advance notice.
To see a visual of your role as a adjunct faculty member in this position, click the link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqKj_eriTOI8rcIuo5-1hQS7_9EKT2V-D
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Observes FNP/ACNP students in a simulation that replicates an actual clinic setting.
- Observing and giving feedback on the student’s ability to put the skills they learned in health assessment, pharmacology, and pathophysiology. You would asses their "readiness" to see patients in an actual clinic, based on a provided rubric.
- The clinical simulation allows students to practice physical exam skills, history taking skills, and communication skills in a realistic clinic atmosphere, to prepare them to enter their clinical rotations.
- Remains current with new trends and development in his/her field of expertise.
- To see a visual of your role as a adjunct faculty member in this position, click the link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqKj_eriTOI8rcIuo5-1hQS7_9EKT2V-D
- Required: Minimum Master's Degree and board certification.
- Arizona only candidates will be considered. Must be willing to drive to Main Campus on occasional Mondays or Thursdays from 7:00 AM-5:00 PM. Not every Monday and Thursday is needed. We will give you plenty of advance notice.
- Active and unencumbered ARIZONA APRN license (FNP, ACNP, AGNP, AGACNP preferred, verified by state Board of Nursing Website.
- Board Certified DO, MD, Master’s prepared Physician’s Assistant also needed.
- Minimum of two (2) years working as an APRN, DO MD, PA.
- Please provide type of license and license number on the application. You will not be considered if you do not have an APRN, DO, MD, PA or it is not clear on your resume that you currently hold these licenses.
- English grammar and writing proficiency.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Must successfully pass a drug test (paid for by GCU).
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.